Hennington Wellness Center located in McComb, MS
Whether looking to relax, relieve a headache, or lower your blood pressure you are in the right place.
More than a luxury, massage is a vital part of self-care that has a positive ripple effect on you as you work, play, and care for others. Massage Advantage is not only providing this care, but is providing it at a discount which has been most helpful during these economic times.
We know the benefits of massage therapy and works to provide our clients with the care they need to continue receiving. Massage can boost immunity which helps to fend off illnesses–meaning fewer medical bills and days off work, which are important elements that effect your life. In addition a few of the other benefits that massage therapy can provide are better sleep, reduced anxiety, and a sense of emotional balance.
When our clients feel their best, they are more likely to be able to face the challenges that difficult times present with poise, clarity of purpose, and strengthened emotional reserves. The better you feel the better job you can do of caring for yourself and your loved ones.
Truly, massage is more than a luxury–it’s a vital part of self-care that has a positive ripple effect on us as we work, play, and care for others.
Following are three health reasons that encompass why all American adults should take advantage of the care available at Massage Advantage:
FOR THE HOME
Children are very sensitive and often pick up on tension in the household. Massage therapy helps parents who are taking this step in caring for themselves to be better caregivers and provide a sense of security for their kids. This is the same for caregivers of aging parents and other family members as well. Massage Advantage provides this tension relief, clearer thinking, and emotional balance as a result of our therapeutic massages.
FOR THE WORKPLACE
The health benefits of massage can help forestall illnesses and lost work time, especially when you may be asked to produce more with fewer resources. Other factors include decision-making skills and job performances often being improved. These are a result of clearer focus and more energy that can be sought after through Massage Advantage’s therapeutic massages.
A hint for the boss: Research shows employees exhibit less stress and improved performance when given twice-weekly, 15-minute massages in the office! Call us at (601) 680-0371 to host a chair massage in your workplace for not only the employees’ benefits, but also yours.
A hint for the employee: Experience also shows that a 1 hour massage has the same relaxing and stress-relieving benefits as a 2-day vacation. When you don’t have time or your boss would like to send you on a vacation to relax, let your body take a healthy and relaxing vacation with a 1 hour massage. Call to schedule: (601) 680-0371
FOR THE RELIEF OF EXISTING CONDITIONS
Proactively caring for your health with massage therapy may help reduce costly doctor visits and use of prescription and over-the-counter medications. Those with already existing health conditions can continue to reap benefits in the following ways:
- Abdominal Surgery: After massage is introduced, patients of abdominal surgery recover more quickly.
- Alzheimer’s: Customized massage around the neck and shoulders has reduced pacing, irritability, and restlessness in patients of Alzheimer’s.
- Arthritis: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with arthritis.
- Asthma: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with asthma.
- Back Pain: Deep-tissue massage is effective in treating back pain.
- Burns: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with burns, including a decrease in itching.
- Carpal Tunnel: Massage reduces symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Fibromyalgia: Deep-tissue massage is effective on fibromyalgia. Fibro patients receiving massage also have less pain, depression, anxiety, stiffness, fatigue, and sleep problems.
- High Blood Pressure: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms of high blood pressure and premenstrual syndrome.
- Labor Pain: Massage during labor appears to reduce stress and anxiety, relaxes muscles and helps block pain. Some medical professionals believe massage also reduces tearing, shortens labor, reduces the need for medication and shortens hospital stays.
- Oncology: After massage therapy is introduced, oncology patients show less pain, fatigue, nausea, anxiety and depression.
- Osteoarthritis: Deep-tissue massage is effective in treating osteoarthritis.
- PMS: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome.
- Postsurgical Pain: Massage therapy is effective in reducing postsurgical pain.
- Premature Babies: Those babies receiving massage therapy gain more weight and have shorter hospital stays than other premature babies.
- Soreness: Massage can reduce sports-related soreness and improve circulation–good to know when you may be exercising more to reduce stress.
- Strokes: With massage therapy, stroke patients show less anxiety and lower blood pressure.
(Source: American Massage Therapy Association)
Purchase today & schedule at your convenience:
Phone: (601) 680-0371
In-Clinic: 220 Scott Drive, McComb, MS 39648